July 3, 2012

Of Sunrises and Chai and Early Mornings

I've written already about my favorite back porch...but we also have a little front porch, complete with two small chairs and many pots of flowers. And in the still, quiet morning hours, it's the very perfect place to watch the sunrise-reflected colors change the misty sky, to sip some coffee or nutmeg-infused chai, peruse old issues of Kinfolk, journal, to quiet one's heart and spend time alone with the Lord.

I like to spend my mornings that way. In the summertime, before anyone else in the house is awake, I head to the front porch...and then sometimes, when I'm finished and the sun is already well on it's way across the golden-blue sky, I slip back under the covers of my bed to warm myself up again, quietly waiting until I hear the familiar sounds of pattering feet and dresser drawers closing that let me know the rest of the family is awakening and breakfast must be made... It's a wonderful way to spend a morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment